The Weekend Edit: May 9, 2020
Hi, friends! Here are some links from around the web that I enjoyed this week 🙂
Recipe of the week:
- Mediterranean Baked Veggies: This is my go-to meal. We add in roasted chickpeas and turkey meatballs to give it some protein.
Non-Covid and Covid-adjacent links:
- How Motherhood Changed My…: In honor of Mother’s Day tomorrow.
- A Trove of Sad, Funny, and Familiar Stories From the 1918 Flu Pandemic: Very interesting and very relatable in light of our recent times.
- 10 Photos That Show How Much Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne, and More Royals Love Knicknacks: Continuing on the analyzing famous people’s homes through screenshots thread…
- Here’s What Makes Each Introverted Myers-Briggs Type Angry: This was particularly spot-on for my husband (he’s an INTP), especially now when data has become really important in everyday decision making. I kind of related to my description (I’m an INFJ).
- People Are Tweeting Songs That Perfectly Describe 2020, And I’m Crying Because They’re So Accurate: “If I could turn back time…”
- Kansas farmer who donated face mask to New York governor finally gets college diploma: I’m not crying, you’re crying.
- The Future of Travel: I haven’t read it all, but it’s an interesting look at how travel will change thanks to the pandemic.
A few links on Covid-19 (in case you can’t get enough Covid in your life):
- Coronavirus Has Revealed How Bad Hawaii’s Tourism Problem Really Is: The anecdotes of tourists’ behavior in Hawaii during the Pandemic is disheartening.
- Celebrities like Mark Ruffalo, Paul Rudd and Ellen DeGeneres drew attention to the Navajo Nation while federal aid lagged: I don’t even have words. America has got to do better by our first peoples.
- Irish Return an Old Favor, Helping Native Americans Battling the Virus: Humanity can be so, so good.
- Explainer: South Korean findings suggest ‘reinfected’ coronavirus cases are false positives: That’s good news.
In case you missed this week’s blog posts:
Have a great weekend, everyone!